Let’s be clear up front, Northwind is not a large production shop and we do not keep a large dedicated clean room these days.
However, this lets us focus on what we really like and what we’re really good at – short turn manufacturing, R&D projects, machining, and helping out regular people and not just larger aerospace companies.
We’ve spent a combined 20 years getting our hands wet and we’ve worked with a large range of materials/processes from wet layups, resin infusions, and high temp prepreg. This allows us to help our customers work through the entire process from initial design, tooling, and part fabrication.
Additionally, we have been steadily increasing our machining capabilities and routinely take on job-shop machining orders. We have two machines that can handle anything from precision steel to large area non-ferrous flat pattern work.
- Tool design and machining
- Part design support
- Standard wet layup, open cure, and vacuum bag
- Vacuum assisted resin infusion
- R&D layups and repairs
- 2,500 sq.ft. manufacturing space
- Haas VF-2SS 3-axis CNC mill
- 30in x 16in x 16in working envelope
- Plastics, aluminum, steel
- Large platform 4-axis CNC router,
- 99in x 49in x 18in working envelope
- 15in dia x 80in long rotary axis capability
- Wood, foams, tooling board, sheet goods
- 12in x 37in bench lathe
- 10ft x 10ft x 8ft paint booth
- Standard hand trim and finish tooling